Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Heading to ALA Midwinter!

I've been invited to be part of the Asian Pacific American Librarians Association's annual author talk dinner this Saturday in Philadelphia. I'll be attending with the fabulous Soman Chainani who wrote one of my favorite fantasy books School For Good and Evil, as well as my wonderful former editor Phoebe Yeh, VP and Publisher of Crown Books for Young Readers, Random House. What's particularly exciting about this, besides being able to hang out with 2 of my favorite people in the world, is that I also get to see a whole lot of librarians.

I adore librarians! They made my life better.  I'm not kidding. Growing up, I spent most of my time in a library. And I always got wonderful help and support from public librarians who showed me the way to world after world of wonderful and magical stories. When you are poor, the library is a haven, a safe place to go and lose yourself. Or find yourself. I owe a lot to librarians and the public library and I'm pretty excited to be going to ALA and meeting not only APALA members, but librarians from all over the country.

So I'll be walking the floor of the convention on Sunday morning. If any librarians out there see me, please don't hesitate to say hi! I'd love to meet you!

8 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Excellent. Sounds like a great opportunity. Enjoy!

Jessie Humphries said...

A trip to Seattle sounds heavenly. (I think it's in Seattle). Wish I were there!

Play bazaar said...

Make certain to have the right nails. play bazaar

satta king

sattakingplaybazaar said...

At whatever point you are rounding out an application for a payday advance, satta king
play bazaar

Unknown said...

Expend a great deal of new products of the soil during the day to improve the strength of your eyes. This can assist with dispensing with dry eyes and give you the nutrients that you have to remain sound. Some incredible natural products are oranges, apples, pears, kiwis and berries for you to eat as the day wears on.
satta king
play bazaar
satta matka

Jaibros said...

Disclose to them that you are thinking about changing the manner in which you dress and that you might want some productive criticism from them. They can assist you with making sense of a style that works for you since they realize the most about how you've dressed your while life. Satta King
Play Bazaar

Satta King said...

Set up a nearness in an interpersonal organization. Long range interpersonal communication is a powerful device in advertising your online business. At the point when you have a business that is really gainful to a specialty of shoppers, your notoriety will spread as one buyer prescribes your business to a companion, and the companion prescribes your business to another companion. This is the manner by which positive buzz is made. Satta King Play Bazaar

playbazaar said...

Satta king
this is a amazing site

Search This Blog