Friday, April 6, 2012

We interrupt this program...

First of all, I'm happy to announce that the winner of the random number generated drawing for Living Violet is ........ Ani Louise!!! Yay!

Since today's scheduled post has been delayed, I have decided to use today to announce that my short story is coming out this fall in the Tu Anthology called Diverse Energies!  The press release is here.

Ellen Oh's "The Last Day" takes a second look at history and considers what might have happened had Nagasaki and Hiroshima not ended the Pacific Theater of World War II.

If you follow Stacy Whitman, Editorial Director of Tu, on twitter, then you may have caught her tweeting about reading my short story and how it made her cry...again.  I also made my 12 year old sob loudly when I read it to her. Yes, it is clearly a comedy.

So the anthology comes out in the fall and I'm very, very excited to be in such stellar company! Especially because my idol, Ursula LeGuin has a story in there also. Yes, my short story is in an anthology with Ursula's. I am verklempt! There's one more exciting piece of news I have but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to reveal it yet, so you will have to wait and see. But please keep an eye out later this year for Diverse Energies and let me know if it makes you cry also!

9 comments:

Adam Heine said...

I heard of that anthology from Tobias Buckell. You're in very stellar company indeed! Congrats!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats Ellen. I love Tu Publishing!

Anonymous said...

i can't WAIT for this!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!! Congrats!

Kimbra Kasch said...

Kewl :)

G.M. said...

Congrats, Ellen, and it's a good topic. There are so many books and movies about what happened in Europe during WW2, and much less about what happened in Japan and Asia.

Ani Louise said...

Yay! Just came to see if you had a new post and saw this :D

Congratulations on your new short story in Diverse Energies! So cool that Ursula LeGuin will be in the same anthology!

Thanks for picking my name too :)

Ani

playbazaar said...

Satta king\
this is good blog posting!!!!!

Search This Blog